1-2-3 Come Flip Flop With Me!
Tis the season for flip flops! I thought it would be fun to use them to make some fun CVC word actiities.
I put a CVC word on one flip flop and then "flip-flopped" it, (wrote it backwards) to make a new CVC word.
Surprisingly, a lot of the flips made real words and not just nonsense words, but even the nonsense words are a valuable resource and fun for your kiddo's.
I also ran into quite a few palindromes (words that are spelled the same backwards and forwards), which is an interesting vocabulary word for your students to explore as well.
The 63-page CVC Flip-Flop Word Activities Packet will help you with Common Core State Standard:RF.K.3c
The Packet Includes:
- Over 450 CVC word flip flop cards (Use for your word wall, games, puzzles, Daily 5 Word Work etc.)
- 2 pages of blank flip flops that you can program with whatever
- 11 sorting mats so students can sort CVC words in a variety of ways: real-nonsense, noun-verb, palindromes etc.
- Flip flop "Kaboom!" cards for games + 3-pages of tips & ideas of how to use the CVC flip flop cards
- "Add A Letter" worksheet to make CVC nonsense words into real words. Have a discussion if this new letter changes the vowel sound to long, and what letters words don't usually end with ( c, j, h, f, etc.)
- A CVC word booklet students can make
- A CVC vowel sound game +
- A certificate of praise.
Click on the link to view/print the CVC Word Flip-Flop Packet.
Thanks for visiting today. Feel free to PIN anything you think may be helpful to others. My "pin it" button is at the top.
"Sometimes we are all too quick to count the days, that we forget to make the days count." -Unknown