This Little Piggy Went To Market, and This Little Piggy Went To School For 100-Day!
What started out to be a few simple piggy bank worksheets, to help students count coins to 100, turned into a whopping 50-page 100-Day Piggy Packet.
You don't have to use it just for 100-Day, reviewing these "hog wild" counting skills, throughout the year, is important no matter what the day, and it's nice to have a variety of tricks in your bag of how to do that in an interesting way.
After all, counting to 100 can get quite boring for some little ones, and extremely frustrating for those kiddo's whose light bulbs haven't lit up yet. With that in mind, I designed the Q-tip mud craftivity to the right. Students dab brown paint on the 10 groups of 10 dots on the dirty piggy. For less mess, children could use a brown crayon to color in the dots.
This unique packet will help you with Common Core State Standards: K.CC.1, K.CC.3, K.CC.4a, K.CC.4b, K.CC.4c, K.CC.5, K.OA.1, K.CC.6, 1.NBT.1 The packet is chock full of all kinds of goodies to help you celebrate 100-Day, or simply use as math centers.
The packet includes:
- 8 Piggy bank pages for pennies, nickels, dimes & quarters. Students can color and count the filled banks, or color, cut and glue the coins inside an empty bank.
- Coin to coin word matching worksheet
- 1 letter words, to more than 5 letter-words skill sheet
- Game sheet: "Race your pig to 100."
- Game sheet: "Spin To Win!" coin counting to 100 + 2 coin spinners.
- Tally Ho tally mark worksheet.
- Graphing extension
- More than less than calculations worksheet
- How much money? Addition worksheet
- 2 Measurement activity worksheets
- Counting pigs by 5's to 100 worksheet
- Counting pigs by 10's to 100 worksheet
- Name Your Pig 100-Grid worksheet
- Round up the pigs by 10's worksheet.
- Pig slider "craftivity" counting by 10's & counting by 5's
- Piggy Popsicles "craftivity" counting by 10's. +
- A blank sheet of pigs for you to program with whatever you want. Use them for name tags, other numbers, letters etc.
- "Craftivity" counting Q-Tip mud spatters to 100 by 1's, 5's and 10's
- 3 counting worksheets. Counting by 1's to 100 & 120 and skip counting by 5's and 10's
- 2 connect-the-dot worksheets. Counting by 5's and by 10's to 100.
- 2 Q-Tip Pig in the Mud "Craftivities."
- 2 Happy 100 Day posters. 1 in color, 1 in black and white so children can color.
- 3 different certificates of praise for "Hog Wild" counting + a
- Happy 100-Day bookmark
Click on the link to view/download the 100-Day Piggy Packet.
I hope your students have as much fun doing the lessons, as I had creating them.
Thank you for visiting today. Feel free to PIN anything that you think others may find helpful.
"I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end." -Abraham Lincoln