1-2-3 Come Do Some Give A Mouse A Cookie Activities With Me
Since the Common Core Kissing Hand packet was such a huge hit, I decided to make a few more popular back-to-school book packets for you! Today’s freebie revolves around the fun book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.
Like The Kissing Hand, it nails the Common Core State Standards: RI.K5,RI.K6,RI.K9,RI.K10,RL.K2, RL.K3,RL.K6, L.K1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
The packet includes:
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell If You Give A Mouse A Cookie
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram with If You Give A Pig A Pancake book
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
- Mouse "craftivity" writing prompt
The mouse "craftivity" makes a cute back to school 3-D bulletin board and is great for a September writing prompt or Daily 5 activity.
This is truly a quick, easy and fun way to cover a lot of common core state standards, so if there are other books that you’d like me to make packets for, just shoot me an e-mail. email@example.com or post a comment below. Tomorrow I'll be posting the If You Take A Mouse To School packet.
If you'd like to make another sweet little "craftivity" for the If You Take A Mouse Books, click on the link for the pattern and directions to make his cute blue jean bibs. I've made mini sequencing cards that students can tuck into the mouse's bib cup.
Thanks for visiting today. I'm off to open up all of my windows and enjoy the wonderful summer breeze while I craft away. "If you put Diane in front of a computer, she's sure to design away..."
“I have tried to write the best I can; sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can.” –Ernest Hemingway