10 pages. Common Core State Standards: RI.K.5, RI.K.6, RI.K.9, RI.K.10, RL.K.2, RL.K.3, RL.K.6, RL.K.9, L.K.1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
A variety of fun reading and writing activities to go along with Kevin Henke's Chrysanthemum, that will help reinforce the above Common Core State Standards. This is also a great story to read if you're doing the "Fill a Bucket" program in your school.
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell Chrysanthemum
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram with Hooway for Wodney Wat
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- Crumple "sorry" picture experiment, to show that "Sticks and stones may break your bones, and names DO harm you!"
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
After which time it will be up-dated and put in my TpT shop.
Click on the link to see the new, 192-page Chrysanthemum Literacy Packet.
For your convenience, I've included a PREVIEW here.