1-2-3 Come Make Silly Shaped Owls With Me!
Since the Silly Shaped Penguins were such a huge hit in January, I decided to whip together a packet of 2D shape activities using owls.
I love owls, and lately, they seem to be all the rage.
You can quickly make these silly shaped owls and increase your students knOWLedge of shapes, shape words, attributes etc.
These activities make nice Daily 5 Word Work lessons, and will help reinforce Common Core State Standards: K.G.1, K.G.2, K.MD.3, 1.MD.4, 1.G.1
- Owl shape "craftivity". Using the patterns, make the owls and laminate.
- Use them as anchor charts, a shape bulletin board, oral assessments, or manipulatives for students to hold up during a shape story.
- Make an extra laminated set and cut them in half for an independent math center.
- Choose 4 and suspend them from the ceiling in each corner of your classroom, so that you can play "4 Corners". My kiddos absolutely LOVE this game and it's a quick, easy and super-fun way to reinforce the more difficult shapes. When they've learned those, I hang up 4 other ones 'til they know them all.
- Students could also make one or several at a math center, perhaps choosing their favorite shaped owl(s).
Click on the link to view/download the Silly Shaped Owls packet.
Thanks for visiting today. Feel free to PIN anything you think others may find helpful.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."