1-2-3 Come Do All Sorts Of Fun Activities With Elmer, Horton and Me!
I am so excited to share this 42-page Horton and Elmer activity packet with you. I've been working on it all week, and it's finally done! Woo Hoo!
I've tried to design things around quite a few Common Core State Standards so you'll be able to review all sorts of things.
Since students have to compare and contrast, explain data etc. I thought it would be fun for students to compare 2 of my favorite elephants: Horton and Elmer.
The packet includes:
- Horton 3 character, setting, event cards
- A Horton begginning, middle, and end graphic organizer or anchor chart
- Horton retell the story bookmarks
- Horton who, what, why, when, where, how anchor chart
- Horton who, what, why, when, where writing prompt craftivity
- 15 "Fix the sentence" (with capitalization and end punctuation) Horton cards.
- Label the Horton bookcover anchor chart activity.
- 2 Venn diagrams. 1 compares Horton Hears a Who with Elmer. The other compares the character of Horton with that of Elmer.
- 2 Hexagon adjective practice activities.
- An Elmer Color Spin Game
- Black & White, and Color Spinners
- 4 graphing extensions
- An elephant mask craftivity
- A find the letters elephant craftivity
- Tally mark activity
- 30 elephant color cards + a cover so that you can make an Itty Bitty booklet. Great for playing all sorts of games.
- Rhyming-alphabetical order worksheets with 47 words that rhyme with who and
- A Horton-Elmer Lollipop certificate of praise.
Click on the link to view/download the Horton and Elmer Activity Packet.
Thanks for visiting today. Feel free to PIN away. For more Horton FREEBIES scroll down to check out a sweet Horton writing prompt "craftivity."
"A person's a person no matter how small!" -Horton, from Dr. Seuss's book Horton Hears A Who