1-2-3 Come Do Some Apple Activities With Me
My newest apple packet practices colors, color words and counting, in quick, easy and super-fun ways, with lots of variety & options.
The activities are great for independent centers or done as a whole group; and can also be used for a sub tub, and early finishers.
There are over 20, different sets of (12-on-a-page) apple cards, which your students will enjoy playing with, as they learn and reinforce a variety of standards.
There are apples of all colors, apples with faces, patterned apples with polka dots, chevrons, plaids & stripes, as well as animal prints & other crazy kinds of apples.
Students can use these cards for sorting, sequencing, graphing, counting, making groups/sets, showing equations, and playing games.
What a time saver! Choose your favorites; make your activities and use them throughout the year every year. Woo Hoo!
* “What’s Missing?” White board game
* “What’s Missing?” On the floor “flip” game.
* “Not All Rotten Apples Are Bad” board game.
* “Stack 'em Up” dice patterning game
* “Roll, Color & Graph” dice game
* “Kaboom!” and a ...
* 1-to-1 correspondence counting game
Plus you can use any of the apple cards to play:
* Memory Match
* "I Have; Who Has?” and
* "Who’s Got The Rotten Apple?" (Played like Old Maid) or other card games like Crazy Eights and Go Fish.
I’ve designed the games so that you can mix & match and interchange pieces & posters, so that you can make up more of your own games.
Some of the games can be played with the Johnny Appleseed spinners or using dice.
The packet also includes:
* 12 sets of colorful mini apple tiles (with 70 on a page): red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, black, brown, and gray, plus a wormy apple template too.
Use for the games, as well as counting, sorting, patterning, & making equations.
* Colorful, apple pocket chart cards. Make an extra set and cut them in half to make puzzles.
* A "Crazy Colors!” apple emergent reader flip booklet, chock full of Dolch sight words.
* Several color and color word assessment activities
* An “Itty Bitty” (color, trace & write) apple-color booklet, plus a blank template.
* 4 graphing activities
* 3 worksheets
* A set of color word cards in matching colors as well as BW.
* 21, "Johnny Appleseed-bushel basket" sorting mats
* 9, “Bob For Apples” bucket sorting mats, for practicing colors and counting to 20.
* A set of math symbol cards for making & solving equations (addition +, subtraction -, equal to =, plus greater > and less than <) with a recording worksheet for more practice.
* 15, “Complete the Pattern”, strip cards, with a blank template so that children can create their own pattern strips. And finally …
* 2 certificates of praise (4-on-a-page for easy printing).
To accommodate other countries, alternate grEy and coloUr spellings are also included.
I have 2 featured FREEBIES today. Both are from this whopping, 162-page packet.
The first one is the "Stack 'Em Up" patterning dice game, which reinforces the 3 colors of apples, colors, color words, as well as an ABC-ABC pattern.
The next one is the 1-to-1 apple correspondence cards.
Well that's it for today. I hope you're enjoying your summer and looking forward to getting things decorated and ready for back to school.
Time to get some fresh air as the sunshine is calling me. Wishing you a relaxing and fun-filled day.
"A word fitly spoken, is like apples of gold in settings of silver." -Proverbs: 29:11