1-2-3 Come Get Rid Of The First Day Jitters With Me!
If there are more Common Core Packets you'd like me to whip together, just drop me an e-mail email@example.com, or leave a comment here.
These packets truly are a very simple, quick, and easy way to cover the Common Core State Standards: RI.K5,RI.K6,RI.K9,RI.K10,RL.K2, RL.K3,RL.K6, L.K1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3 in a short amount of time.
Your students will enjoy them, as they are empowered by the consistency in format. To view/download the other common core packets, click on the following links: The Kissing Hand, Chrysanthemum, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, and If You Take A Mouse To School.
The packet includes:
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell First Day Jitters
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram with The Kissing Hand book
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
- Feelings worksheet and writing prompt
- Feelings graphing extension
- "Jitters" synonym discussion and worksheet
The "Feelings" worksheet is great for a September writing prompt, and the one covering synonyms is great for Daily 5 "Word Work". Click on the link to view/download First Day Jitters Common Core packet.
Thanks for visiting today! I hope you're getting excited, rather than anxious for your first day! As for me, I'm off to take a break and get some fresh air. My brain's been on overload lately...perhaps basking a bit in the sunshine will help unclutter my mind.
"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." - Woodrow Wilson