10 pages. Common Core State State Standards: RI.K.5, RI.K.6, RI.K.9, RI.K.10, RL.K.2, RL.K.3, RL.K.6, RL.K.9, L.K.1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
A variety of fun reading and writing activities to go along with the book, First Day Jitters, that will help reinforce the above Common Core State Standards.
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell First Day Jitters
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram with The Kissing Hand
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
- Feelings Worksheet and writing prompt
- Feelings graphing extension
- Jitters synonym discussion-worksheet