1-2-3 Come Do Some Kissing Hand Activities With Me
Since the first Kissing Hand Activity Packet was such a huge success, I decided to make another packet designed specifically around Common Core State Standards.
This packet will reinforce: Common Core State Standards: RI.K5,RI.K6,RI.K9,RI.K10,RL.K2, RL.K3,RL.K6, L.K1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
It has a variety of fun reading and writing activities to go along with Audrey Penn's adorable story The Kissing Hand, about a little raccoon who doesn’t want to go to school. This is one of my all-time favorite back to school books.
This packet, is the first in a series of quick and easy common core packets, where I use kiddie lit to teach standards. I'll be posting and blogging about these FREEBIES for the next few days.
The Kissing Hand Packet includes:
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell The Kissing Hand
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram where students compare The Kissing Hand to another of my favorite first day of school books, First Day Jitters!
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- "My Feelings" discussion, skill sheet, and graphing extensions.
- 1st day writing prompt
- Kissing hand poem introducing rhyming words.
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
Stay tuned for a similar packet for First Day Jitters. For lots more activities forThe Kissing Hand click on the link to zip on over to that section ofTeachWithMe
I'm off for a swim to cool off! (90's today.) Hope you're enjoying a sunny summer day as well!
“Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.” –John Wayne