Miss Nelson is Missing, is one of my all-time favorite back-to-school books. It's also a perfect book to tuck into your sub folder. The packet includes a variety of writing, language arts and reading activities. Plus some adorable "craftivities" to review even more standards.
The packet includes:
- 76 word cards, plus a blank set to program with your own. Great for vocabulary building. You can also use them as a game.
- Adjective activites (A great opportunity to discuss synonyms and antonyms because Miss Nelson and Miss Swamp are certainly "opposites").
- 7 Writing activities, including 2 class-made books.
- 3 Venn diagrams
- 2 games
- 2 WANTED posters (for male as well as female teachers).
- 4 MISSING posters (for male as well as female teachers).
- 2 "craftivities" including one that can be used as an assessment tool.
- Discussion questions
- Reader's theater video link
- A synopsis of the story and
- 2 retell the story bookmarks
After which time it will be up-dated.
This packet has now been updated and is included in my 203-page jumbo Miss Nelson is Missing Literacy & Math packet in my TpT shop.
Click on the link to pop on over. For your convenience, I've included a PREVIEW here.