14 pages. Common Core State Standards: RF.K3a, RF.K3d, RF.K3c, K.G.2, K.G.1
A fun way to review basic shapes and high-frequency words with your students. When everyone has completed their booklet read it aloud to review concepts of print and ask your students how the shapes on the pumpkin are placed.
Is the circle nose ABOVE the triangle teeth? Are the square eyes UNDER the rectangle stem? You have then incorporated the Common Core standand K.G.1 where "Students describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to. "
- Students TRACE the words in the sentences as well as the shape and then write the shape word and draw the shape on the oval pumpkin, which they also trace.
- The last page has the pumpkin turning into a Jack-O-Lantern. Younger students can trace him, older students can draw their own. (There are 2 different pages.)
- Also includes 3 skill sheets about shapes, a certificate of praise, and 8-word wall/flashcards including 6-shape picture cards.
- Students can make these into an Itty Bitty book.
- Make a laminated set to use for a Memory Match game, where the students can match the words to the picture or the colored picture to the non-colored picture.