Edible Math: Munch! Crunch - a Bunch of Fishy Crackers After Lunch!
Do you have a penguin theme coming up? You’ll want to check out these adorable penguin activities.
The 51-page packet helps review Common Core State Math Standard 1.NBT.3 and is a fun way to practice a variety of other math skills as well: addition, subtraction, graphing, greater & less than, estimation and more.
Gold Fish crackers are a favorite snack and the perfect manipulative for a penguin!
Edible math gets little ones excited and is an interesting way to grab and hold their attention.
The Goldfish Cracker Penguin packet includes:
- 2 different kinds of penguins to feed with a smaller version for younger children
- Traceable number and number word strips to make penguin sliders
- Several game options
- Patterning strips
- 4 skip counting "What Comes Next?" skill sheets
- 2 graphing extensions
- A ruler measuring activity
- 2 guess-timation activities
- 30 traceable number and number word cards + covers to make Itty Bitty books
- Bobber badges
- An incentive bulletin board +
- A certificate of praise
Click on the link to view/download the Goldfish Cracker Penguin packet.
Do you need more penguin-themed activities? Click on the link to slide over to the penguin section of my site.
Thank you for visiting today. Feel free to PIN anything you think others may find useful.
“I do not teach; I relate.” -Montaigne