Common Core State Standards: RF.K1a, RF.K1c, L.K2a, L.K2b
What will you be having for Thanksgiving dinner? This unique paper plate creative writing prompt booklet, is a fun way to showcase that. Use a real paper plate as the cover and add plastic "silverware" for a realistic 3-D effect.
- An adorable way to show what we'll be eating on Thanksgiving day.
- Students TRACE then WRITE the sentences. Remind students to incorporate beginning capitalization and ending punctuation, as well as include proper spacing between their words, so that you are covering Common Core State Standards.
- They have the option to put in the word NOT if they won't be eating that food, or create their own picture page of what they will be eating.
- When everyone is done, read the booklet aloud, to review concepts of print Common Core Standards too.
- Stop and "popcorn" read pages that are different.
- Includes 10 traceable word cards.
- Are any of your students from a different culture and celebrating Thanksgiving in a different way? This booklet is a great vehicle for discussion.