Common Core State Standards: RF.K1a, RF.K1c, L.K2a, L.K2b
What will you be having for Thanksgiving dinner? This unique paper plate creative writing prompt booklet, is a fun way to showcase that. Use a real paper plate as the cover and add plastic "silverware" for a realistic 3-D effect. There are several options for the cover. This packet has been UPDATED.
- Students read the repetitive sentences, trace then write the food words, add end punctuation, then color the picture.
- They have the option to put in the word NOT if they won't be eating that food, or eliminate that page and substitute it for one that they create. I've provided a blank template for this.
- There's also a cover and blank page template for students to use if they don't celebrate Thanksgiving. They can write about their favorite meal, or a special one that their family makes for one of their celebrations.
- To review concepts of print and more Common Core Standards, read the booklet aloud as a whole group. Stop and have students share pages that are different.
- The packet includes 10 traceable word cards. Students can trace, trim and collate into an itty bitty booklet. Extend the activity and have children write a few sentences incorporating these words.