Since the Common Core Kissing Hand packet was such a huge hit, I decided to make a few more popular back-to-school book packets for you!
Today’s freebie revolves around the fun book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.
Like The Kissing Hand, it nails the Common Core State Standards: RI.K5,RI.K6,RI.K9,RI.K10,RL.K2, RL.K3,RL.K6, L.K1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
The packet includes:
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell If You Give A Mouse A Cookie
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram with If You Give A Pig A Pancake book
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
- Mouse "craftivity" writing prompt
The mouse "craftivity" makes a cute back to school 3-D bulletin board and is great for a September writing prompt or Daily 5 activity.
Click on the link to view/download If You Give A Mouse A Cookie Common Core Packet I hope you enjoy this packet as much as The Kissing Hand.
Thanks for visiting today. Please pop in tomorrow for If You Take A Mouse To School Common Core State packet.
Feel free to PIN anything from my site you feel would be helpful to others.
“I have tried to write the best I can; sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can.” –Ernest Hemingway