A Great Back To School Book: The Kissing Hand
Since the first Kissing Hand Activity Packet was such a huge success, I decided to make another packet designed specifically around Common Core State Standards.
This packet will reinforce: Common Core State Standards: RI.K5,RI.K6,RI.K9,RI.K10,RL.K2, RL.K3,RL.K6, L.K1d, RI.1.9, RL.1.2, RL.1.3
It has a variety of fun reading and writing activities to go along with Audrey Penn's adorable story The Kissing Hand, about a little raccoon who doesn’t want to go to school.
The Packet includes:
- A beginning-middle-end story map that will help students retell The Kissing Hand
- A "favorite part" retelling "writing prompt" bookmark
- A compare and contrast Venn diagram where students compare The Kissing Hand to another of my favorite first day of school books, First Day Jitters!
- Character, Setting and Event cards. (Laminate, put magnets on the back and put them up on your white board. Write down students' answers under the cards.)
- "My Feelings" discussion, skill sheet, and graphing extensions.
- 1st day writing prompt
- Kissing hand poem introducing rhyming words.
- Question Words activity sheet, reinforcing the who, what, why, when, where, how words.
- Cover of book to label book parts + review author and illustrator
Click on the link to view/download The Kissing Hand Packet 2
Thanks for visiting today. I’ve been away on vacation for a week so sorry there hasn’t been a post.
I’m back and rejuvenated with lots of super-fun ideas for you, so I hope you can pop in tomorrow too.
Feel free to PIN anything you think might be helpful to others.
“Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.” –John Wayne