A Sweet Treat For Christmas Or A Sweet Surprise To Ring In the New Year When Your Students Come Back.
Here is a photo of the snowman candy bars I made for my grandsons last year.
Having a sweet surprise on your students' desk is a nice way to wish them a Happy New Year!
Because I have the extra time to putz during vacation and feel more relaxed, I enjoy whipping some things up, however, if you're looking for something to give your students as a gift, or even have them make for their families, these are super easy and sure to be a winner.
Putting them together in assembly-line fashion is enjoyable and gets the job done quickly. I made 20 in less than an hour.
I purchased Nestle Crunch bars from Sam’s Club. There are 36 in a box for $19. If you have a smaller class, perhaps you can split the cost with another teacher who would also like to make them.
If this is beyond your budget, you can scale things down and make the snowmen using packs of gum, which can also be bought in bulk at Sam’s or Costco. Instead of paper scarves, use ribbon and tie them on.
For complete directions of how to make a chocolate bar snowman wrapper, click on the link.
- So that you don't have to spend a lot of time writing, I made a template with Happy New Year 2013 labels on it.
- This is a DOC file so you have to click here to get the labels. You can then change the date each year.
- Click on the link for the Happy New Year labels.
- I've also made Merry Christmas Labels if you'd like to use them for Christmas instead of New Years. Click on the link to download the Merry Chrismas Labels.
- You can either make name labels or write your students' names on the bottom of the candy bar. I’ve provided a name label template for you as well.
- Click on the link for the name label template.
- Blue writing also looks nice if you want a different color. This can be changed on your menu bar by choosing a color and then highlighting your print on the template.
- Add facial details with watercolor markers.
- I’ve provided a skiing “cover” for the back of the candy bar to cover the glued tabs if you want to add that “finishing touch” so things look a bit nicer.
- Click on the link to view/download the Snowman Candy Bars.